LINE@ Logo Guideline
The LINE@ Logo Usage Guidelines shown here (hereinafter referred to as the "Guidelines"）set forth the basic rules regarding the use of the LINE@ Logo (defined in Section 1）which is provided by LINE Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"). In addition, please also refer to the Using the LINE@ Logo page, which explains the logos that are allowed to be downloaded, "Isolation Zone" requirements, etc. Finally, please also read the LINE logo usage guidelines provided separately.
The following words and terms shall have the meanings set forth below when they are used in the Guidelines.
- 1.1 "LINE@" refers to the LINE@ service owned and operated by the Company.
- 1.2 "LINE@ Logo" is an inclusive term for any one or all of the two kinds of logos listed below.
LINE@ service logo
LINE@ app icon
- 1.3 "External Media" refers to any Website, Application, Package Media, Print Media, or other form of media owned and operated by any third party apart from the Company.
- 1.4 "Publisher" refers to anyone who has entered into a contract with the Company or any agency and who publishes the LINE@ Logo through external media.
2. Agreement to the Guidelines
The Company grants the Publisher permission to use the LINE@ Logo free of charge, provided that the Publisher uses the LINE@ Logo in accordance with terms and conditions set forth below.
3. Right of Attribution
All rights concerning the LINE@ Logo(including but not limited to copyrights, trademark rights and other such intellectual property rights）belong to the Company.
The Publisher must abide by the following stipulations when using the LINE@ Logo.
- 4.1 The LINE@ logo may be used only by Publishers for the purpose of introducing their own LINE@ account.
- 4.2 The Publisher may not distort, modify, or alter the LINE@ Logo. Additionally, the Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo as part of a sentence in a body of text.
- 4.3 The Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo for things such as an app icon or part of a logo.
- 4.4 The Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo in things such as profile pictures or backgrounds.
- 4.5 The Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo to perform such actions as linking or forwarding to another service that bears no relationship to LINE@.
- 4.6 The Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo to identify any services, products or media other than those provided by LINE@.
- 4.7 The Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo in any way that may potentially cause LINE@ to be confused with or misrepresented as any services, products, or media that are not provided by LINE@.
- 4.8 The Publisher must maintain a region of space (hereinafter referred to as "Isolation Zone"）in the area surrounding the LINE@ Logo in order to protect the image of the logo. Other elements may not be placed within the range of this Isolation Zone. In addition to maintaining the Isolation Zone, we also ask that you avoid placing text or graphics near the LINE@ Logo that are large or have a strong visual impression if at all possible.
- 4.9 The Publisher may not publish the LINE@ Logo in External Media outlets that correspond with any of the items listed below.
- 4.9.1 External Media that includes portrayals of anti-social expressions such as any of the following: excessively violent expressions, sexually explicit expressions, expressions that discriminate based on such things as ethnicity, nationality, faith, sex, social class, or lineage, expressions that induce or encourage actions such as suicide, self-inflicted injury, or drug abuse, and so forth.
- 4.9.2 External Media used for purposes of meeting or associating with unacquainted members of the opposite sex.
- 4.9.3 External Media used for purposes of illegally obtaining personal and/or private information.
- 4.9.4 External Media generally acknowledged as spam which may include any of the following: media lacking content that is associated by affiliation-only, media used for the purpose of leading people to a particular website, web scraping, word salads, and so forth.
- 4.9.5 External Media that illegally or contractually infringes upon any of the following rights belonging to the Company or third party: intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, and patent rights, the right to protection against defamation, the right to privacy, and so forth.
- 4.9.6 External Media that the Company determines as inappropriate and so forth.
- 4.10 The Publisher may not use the LINE@ Logo in a way that could potentially give the false impression that the Company public endorses or supports any External Media.
5. Responsibilities of the Publisher
- 5.1 In the event that the Publisher is proven to be using the LINE@ Logo in a manner that contradicts the Guidelines, the Company will be allowed to cause the offending Publisher to cease using the LINE@ Logo, as well as take any additional measures determined necessary and appropriate by the Company. However, the Company shall bear no responsibility to prevent or correct such infractions.
- 5.2 In the event that the Company should incur any form of damages either directly or indirectly (including bearing the cost of legal fees）due to some usage of the LINE@ Logo (including claims raised by third parties that originate from usage by the Company), the Publisher must promptly provide compensation in accordance with the amount requested by the Company.
6. Nonwarranties and Exemption of Liability
- 6.1 The Company makes no guarantee either of explicitly or implicitly that the LINE@ Logo is without defect either from a factual or legal perspective (including any flaws, errors, bugs, and rights violations regarding areas such as safety, reliability, accuracy, integrity, effectiveness, compatibility with a particular purpose, security, and so forth.）The Company bears no responsibility to remove such defects when providing the LINE@ Logo.
- 6.2 The Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever in regards to all damages caused to the Publisher by use of the LINE@ Logo.
7. Modification of the Guidelines
The Company may modify the Guidelines without prior notice and at any time should the Company deem it necessary. The modification will become effective once the modified Guidelines are posted on an appropriate location within the website operated by the Company. The Publisher shall be deemed to have agreed to the modified Guidelines by continuing to use the LINE@ Logo after the modification has gone into effect.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Japanese language version of the Guidelines will govern the relationship between Publishers and the Company, and these Guidelines will be governed by the laws of Japan. Conflicts between Publishers and the Company that arise from or are related to the LINE@ Logo will be governed primarily under the exclusive jurisdiction of the District Court of Tokyo or the Tokyo Summary Court.
For those that wish to use the LINE@ Logo in a manner other than the ones provided for by these Guidelines, please contact us here.
Last updated on November 15, 2017