LINE@ Plans and Prices
This introduction outlines the different plans, and related prices, available through the LINE@ service.
|Fees||Monthly Fee (Including tax)||0|
|Polls & Surveys||✓|
LINE@ creates IDs that are searchable using the LINE in-app search function. As a general rule, IDs are created randomly at the time of application, but you may choose to pay a separate fee in order to designate your preferred ID.
|Standard ID||Premium ID|
|Yearly Fee||0USD||24.0USD (First Year)
12.0USD (Second Year Onwards)
|Format||@ + 3 letters + 4 numbers + 1 letter (random)
|@ + user-designated string (String must be 18 characters or less, not counting the "@" symbol. Only half-width letters and numbers, and the special characters ".", "_", and "-" may be used.)
|Details||Issued automatically when opening a LINE@ account.||Obtained by completing purchase of Premium ID.|
|Notes||・The ID will contain a random string of nonconsecutive letters.||・You cannot create duplicate IDs.
・Payments are charged on a yearly basis. The same payment method used for plan fee payments will be used.
- ※The first year of your Premium ID will be calculated as 12 months from the first month of the day you make your initial purchase until the last day of the last month.
- ※You must complete the Premium ID renewal process in the last month of your current subscription.
- ※Annual fees are charged when you make the initial purchase or when your plan is renewed. Please understand that we cannot issue partial refunds for the portion of time not yet used if you choose to cancel your LINE@ subscription or Premium ID before a year’s time has passed.
About Posting Guidelines
There are two types of LINE@ accounts: Approved Accounts and Standard Accounts. LINE will not allow you to use the Approved Accounts and may suspend the use of Standard Accounts for entities, organizations, and individuals involved in the types of businesses or activities specified below. The items specified below are illustrative examples. LINE is not able to respond to questions regarding the specific evaluation standards for allowing use of the various types of LINE@ accounts or regarding the reasons for suspending an account. Please apply to use LINE@ and use LINE@ after agreeing to the above.
●Entities, Organizations, and Individuals that May Not Use Approved Accounts
- 1.Entities, organizations, and individuals whose primary business is to provide services over the internet, such as electronic commerce site operators who do not have physical stores, internet media companies, and online game operators
- 2.Entities and organizations without a physical store or facilities in Japan (except entities and organizations involved in e-commerce)
- 3.Entities, organizations, and individuals whose primary business is to provide staffing, personnel placement services, or consultancy services
- 4.Entities, organizations, and individuals conducting business (i) as adult-oriented restaurants and bars, including cabarets, show pubs, sexy pubs, “snack” pubs, hostess clubs, host clubs, gay bars, girl bars, and similar bars or (ii) in facilities and seeking to pique interest in gambling, including pachinko parlors, slot-machine parlors, and Mahjong shops.
- 5.Civic organizations, non-governmental organizations, non-profit organizations, labor unions, and student government organizations
- 6.Organizations that self-identify themselves as associated with a religion
- 7.Entities, organizations, and individuals that sell products for which there high risk of potential use for a criminal purpose or dangerous products which have a significant capacity to cause injury or death.
- 8.Entities, organizations, and individuals involved in business activities related to consumer finance or solicitation related to trading in futures, foreign exchange trading, or real estate investment (except for licensed banks and securities companies).
- 9.Entities, organizations, and individuals using or seeking to promote mascot characters that are not characters officially approved by national, administrative, prefectural, or local government agencies where there is the potential for confusion of the public regarding whether or not the mascot character has the approval of the relevant official agency.
- 10.Entities, organizations, and individuals that publish “free papers,” books of irregularly published publications (including magazines, comics, and “mooks” ), and gambling magazines.
●Entities, Organizations, and Individuals that May Not Either Type of LINE@ Accounts
- 1.Entities, organizations, and individuals involved in businesses based on or analogous to pyramid schemes or multilevel marking sales, such as “network businesses,” “monitor-based” sales, and “work-at-home” sales.
- 2.Entities, organizations, and individuals which provide products or services that aim to enhance technical self-potential or ability, such as self-development, and related educational seminars.
- 3.Entities, organizations, and individuals involved in certain adult-oriented industries, including adult sex shops, such as soaplands and “fashion health”, adult shops, such as adult video shops, other adult entertainment enterprises that require licensing or registration, and related or analogous enterprises. (※ However, certain business as approved by LINE may be excluded, including certain restaurants and bars, and video game centers).
- 4.Entities, organizations, and individuals that illegally or inappropriately conduct sales, brokerage, or agency-type activities for trade in personal information, registration information, or usage history.
- 5.Entities, organizations, and individuals that contribute to or are involved in illegal acts, such as sales of drugs or weapons.
- 6.Entities, organizations, and individuals involved in the permanent or temporary artificial coloration of the skin, such as tattoos.
- 7.Entities, organizations, and individuals (i) using in or viewed as using sales methods involving fortune-telling or other spiritual divination or (ii) involved in or viewed as being involved in religious activities that lack societal suitability.
- 8.Entities, organizations, and individuals that provide locations or opportunities to people seeking to meet unacquainted members of the opposite sex.
- 9.Entities, organizations, and individuals that commit or could commit acts that are not in compliance with laws, including the laws and regulations governing medical practitioners, pharmaceuticals, and beauticians, or acts that are contrary to public order and morals.
Please pay from the smartphone version of our website using LINE Pay.
LINE Pay is a payment service that allows users to link their LINE accounts with credit cards and bank accounts. The service can be used on online shopping websites as well as physical stores. When switching from free to paid plans, users, except in special circumstances, must register with LINE Pay in order to pay for use of the LINE@ service. The only payment method currently accepted is payment by credit card (charged immediately for initial payment, with subsequent fees deduced on the first of the month starting from the subsequent month).Please see the FAQ for more details.